All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2. Privacy notice
2.1 Who are we?
Chester Business Club are a networking organisation which supports local business owners and Charities through events and fundraising activities.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
|Personal data type:||Source:|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Marketing to existing Members and those showing an interest in the Club via a contact form.
- Fulfilling our contractual obligations with our Members and Associates.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- processing necessary to meet contractual obligations with data subject;
- processing necessary to meet legal obligations of data controller.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Chester Business Club to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given.
You may withdraw consent at any time by following the process on our website.
Chester Business Club will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
|Third country (non-EU)/international organisation||Safeguards in place to protect your personal data||Retrieve a copy of the safeguards in place here|
|Microsoft||Microsoft compliancy standards||https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/privacy/gdpr/solutions|
2.4 Retention period
Chester Business Club will process personal data for the duration of 6 years and will store the personal data for no longer than that time period.
3. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Chester Business Club, will collect and use your personal data for our marketing.
Why does Chester Business Club need to collect and store personal data?
For us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Chester Business Club share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Chester Business Club in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Chester Business Club’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Chester Business Club use the personal data it collects about me?
Chester Business Club will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Chester Business Club is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. The retention periods for certain kinds of personal data may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Chester Business Club contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Chester Business Club at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Chester Business Club does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Chester Business Club or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Chester Business Club accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
|Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner contact details|
|Contact Name:||Bob Clough-Parker (Secretary)|
|Address line 1:||PO Box 235|
|Address line 2:||Chester|
|Address line 3:||CH1 1JZ|
|Telephone:||01244 350 235|