|Date & Time: 09/09/2018 11:00 am|
|Place: Riverside Innovation Centre, Castle Drive Chester|
It’s Time to Step Out – And Help Raise Funds for Local Charities
Date: Sunday 9th September
Start/Finish: Riverside Innovation Centre, Castle Drive, Chester
Distance: 6 miles (and a bit!) – mainly off road
This years Chester Business Club organised Chester Charity Walk will take place on Sunday 9th September ’18, Starting and Finishing at Riverside Innovation Centre, Castle Drive, Chester.
Far from being any kind of competitive race it’s a gentle Sunday morning stroll, it’s distance only six miles (and a bit!) with the Club’s legendary Refreshment Stops en route:
- Mars Bars
- Orange Juice
- Bacon Butties & Coffee
- And finishing with Gin & Tonic; we are, after all, a business organisation! (there is a soft drink option).
Starting & Finishing in Chester City Centre, this event is for the anyone and everyone: family, friends, business colleagues, children and dogs. Everyone receives a Walk Certificate – even the dogs!
You can choose to support either the Club’s nominated Charities or your favourite Charity. The Club’s nominated Charities for this year’s Walk are:
- Claire House Children’s Hospice
- Woodwork 2 Wellness
- Save The Family
- Chester Sports Association for People with Disability
- Bridge Wellness Gardens
- and Chester Samaritans.
You can indicate your charity preference when you make your online registration.
Once you’ve registered we’ll send you a Sponsorship form and other relevant info.
To add to the fun on the day, there will be:
- Face Painter for children (OK, for adults as well, if you must!)
- Prizes for ‘Best Behaved Dog’ (consolation prize for Worst Behaved Canine)
- All waker raising £100 or more will be entered into a Prize Draw with some fine prizes to be won.
- There will also be a Special Prize for the individual raising the most money.
But we can’t have a Walk without walkers, which is where you can play your part and, in doing so, help raise funds for the Charities.
And as all great journeys start with a single step, please take your first step by Registering on the form on this page.
The Registration allows you to opt for the Club Charities or for your preferred charity.
CBC Charity Walk 2018 Terms & Conditions
- 1. Participants are encouraged to raise a minimum of £50 Sponsorship support money.
2. The minimum age to be an Official Participant in the Walk is 16 as at 9th September 2018 (Any ‘accompanying’ walkers below 16 must be accompanied by an adult who will be presumed to take full responsibility for the person concerned).
3. This is NOT a race, therefore Walkers are requested not to run.
4. All Entry Forms must be returned not later than 27th August 2018 and places will be allocated on a first-to-apply/ first-accepted basis.
5. If a Registered participant is unable to walk for any reason after receiving confirmation (from Chester Business Club) of his/her entry acceptance, the Club must be informed as soon as possible. The participant’s place must not be given to friends or family as all Walkers need to be officially registered.
6. A risk assessment has been carried out of the route and for Walkers’ own safety Chester Business Club wishes to make Walkers aware of the risks. There are some parts of the Walk Route that are uneven and therefore may result in tripping. There may also be, on the day, some areas that a wet or slippery.
7. Although most of the Walk Route is ‘off road’, there are some parts that involve crossing/walking on public roads and all Walkers are advised to abide by the Highway Code at all such times whilst on the Walk.
8. Please Note: That in completing and submitting the Entry Form for the Walk, participants accept that Chester Business Club and the organisers will not be held responsible for any injury, accident, costs, loss or claim arising through your own negligence or that of any other participants or officials.
9. Chester Business Club reserves the right not to accept applications.